1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160 °C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and lightly oil and line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin.
2. To make the cake, place all of the ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat on minimum speed min for approximately 30 seconds, before increasing the speed slightly for another 1-2 minutes, until pale and fluffy.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, making a slight well in the centre.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until well risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
5. While the cake is in the oven, place the juice of one orange and the caster sugar in a small pan and heat through until the sugar has dissolved.
6. Remove the orange syrup from the heat and combine with the fruits, leaving to stand for around 10 minutes. Strain the fruits, reserving the juices.
7. Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven and pierce the top all over with a skewer.
8. Spoon the fruity syrup over the cake, before leaving it to cool completely in the tin.
9. Once the cake is completely cool, remove from the tin and place on a serving plate, arranging the strained fruit on top.
10. Place the remaining orange juice and icing sugar in the bowl of your mixer and mix thoroughly, until well combined and thick.
11. Drizzle the orange icing over the fruit-topped cake and serve immediately.
Many of our favourite fruits start coming into season during May and June, meaning that now is the perfect time to start baking with strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and even more besides! This delicious orange-infused cake is absolutely delicious, served alongside a generous portion of British berries and will be sure to impress everyone that tastes it. If you have a go at our Orange Drizzle Cake with Summer Fruits, make sure you share it with us – you might just end up scooping our Star Baker of the Month award for May!