1. Bake up a batch of our vanilla cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
2. Make the vanilla buttercream and apply a thin layer to the top of each cupcake.
3. Dust your work surface with a little icing sugar or cornflour, before using a rolling pin to roll out the black icing to around 3mm thick.
4. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out twelve discs of icing and place these on top of your cupcakes.
5. Next, roll out the white icing and cut it into 1cm wide strips, using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
6. Place strips of white icing across the tops of the cupcakes, sticking them into place with a little bit of water and trimming off the excess.
7. Finally, tuck two ‘edible eyes’ between two of the white strips on each cupcake, attaching them with more water.
8. Set your cupcakes aside to dry for a few hours and then store in a box for up to three days.
It’s finally October and that means that Halloween is almost here! We love getting creative in the kitchen during spooky season and these Monstrous Mummy Cupcakes are super easy to make, but look absolutely incredible. We know you’ll love adding them to your Halloween celebrations…