How old are you?
Please ask your grown-up to enter their email address and password.
Please enter your email address and password.
Please enter your email address and password to sign in
Select a child’s account to open.
This is so you get access to the right content for your age.
Hey there grown-up!
Only parents or legal guardians can create accounts for children under 13. We’ll need you to add your email address and create a password to get your child registered.
We ask for a valid e-mail address of an adult to ensure that this account has appropriate parental approval
We ask for a valid e-mail address to ensure that this account is genuine and to also send appropriate notifications to you
For the French Toast
1. Add the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon to a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Set the mixture aside to rest while you cut four thick slices of brioche and place them into a large shallow dish.
3. Pour over the creamy mixture and leave to soak for three minutes, before turning the bread and soaking for another three minutes.
4. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, before adding half of the oil and half of the butter.
5. Once the butter and oil start to foam, add two of the brioche slices and fry for around 2-3 minutes until nicely browned on one side.
6. Use a fish slice or spatula to turn the bread slices and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Transfer your French toast onto the serving plate and top with a selection of your favourite toppings, while you cook the other two slices.
8. Finally, dust the toast with a little icing sugar and serve while still warm.
Today is Toast Day, but rather than show you how to simply make a slice of toast (which we’re pretty sure you can already do), we thought we’d ask Mr Baker to whip up something a little more special…
Watch as he shows you how to make some delicious Brioche French Toast, with all the delicious flavours of butter and cinnamon, before topping it with some tasty berries, sliced banana and even a drizzle of real Canadian maple syrup! Yum!
Why not have a go at levelling up your breakfast toast with this tasty recipe – and don’t forget to share your pictures with us!