For the cake:
1. Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
4. Pour 1/3 of the batter into a 7 inch pan
5. Add the rest of the batter to another 7 inch pan and bake at 350°F for 30- 35 mins.
For the frosting:
1. Whip the butter for 5 mins or until pale and fluffy
2. Slowly add in the sifted icing sugar.
3. Add milk and vanilla as needed
1. Take cakes out of pans and cut the larger cake in half
2. Now take the cut piece and trim it into a 5 inch circle.
3. Put one of the 7 inch cake as base
4. Put the 5 inch cake on top of it
5. The final layer will be the other 7 inch cake
6. Crumb coat the cake and put strawberries around the 5 inch cake.
7. Use the remaining frosting to create a fault line effect.