1 3/4 cup Flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
5 tbsp flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
225g / 1 cup unsalted butter
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a bowl and whisk them together
2. Combine eggs, oil, and milk in a separate bowl and whisk.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Bake at 180° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1. Place flour and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
2. While whisking constantly, slowly pour the milk
3. As the milk gets hotter, it will start to thicken
4. Cook until the mixture thickens
5. Remove from heat and scrape into a bowl. Cover with cling wrap, pressing down onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming.
6. Cool completely
7. Whip up the butter and add the flour, sugar mixture 1 tablespoon at a time.